Several carriers in Kentucky are expanding their local calling areas effective 2016-06-01 in response to changes in federal Universal Service Fund subsidies.
One-way local calling from Britannia Beach BC to metro Vancouver area and Whistler, effective 2015-09-01. Source: Telus tariff notice 4380 via CRTC.
- Santel Communications Cooperative (OCN 1676) has had company-wide local calling since some time in 2014. They previously had optional local calling plans where subscribers could choose to pay a monthly fee to call specified exchanges.
- Updated local calling information for Interstate Telephone Cooperative/Stockholm-Strandburg Telephone Company (OCN 1651, 1654, and 1679)
- Updated calling area information for Ducor Telephone Company (OCN 2313)
- Updated calling area information for West Central Telephone Association (OCN 1501) and Red River Telephone Association (OCN 1631 and 4300)
- Verified information (no changes) for Dunnell Telephone Company, Home Telephone Company, Manchester-Hartland Telephone Company, Wilderness Valley Telephone Company, Northern Telephone Company
- Updated calling area information for TEC subsidiaries in Tennessee: Peoples Telephone Company (OCN 0576), West Tennessee Telephone Company (OCN 0583)
- Updated calling area information for the following companies in North Carolina: Randolph Telephone (OCN 0496), Surry Telephone Membership Corporation (OCN 0503), CenturyLink (Mebtel) (OCN 0485)
Customers of McDonough Telephone Cooperative (OCN 1047) who use the same company for long distance service have free local calling to all other exchanges in the cooperative.